About Me

My photo
Bryan and I have been together for over eight years now and married for more than two of those years. We have a great puppy named Lily. One of these days when plan on adding kids to the mix, but for now we're looking for new jobs and to pay off some debt.

Bryan and Abbey: Our Daily Expressions!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gettin' on our feet...

Can you believe it's March already? When did this happen?! The good news about March is that this means spring is almost here! We've already had a few days of 70 and 80 degree weather which is great, except for the 30 degree days thrown in the middle!

Another good thing about March is that it's moving month for Bryan and I! We hate packing and moving, as I'm sure everyone else does as well. In this case, it's a good thing, though! We were supposed to move into my FIL's house with him, but another really great opportunity has crossed our path instead. Roger, Bryan's former boss, has rental property in Lawrence. We were interested in moving into one of his houses earlier in this whole unemployment situation, but the tenant that had been there caught up on his rent, so he couldn't be asked to move out. Even better though, the house next to it is opening up! The couple that lives there now just bought their own house and are hoping to be moved out the same week that Bryan and I were planning on moving! Roger is being so great to us and making this house very affordable for us even when we have no jobs! This is going to be a great way for Bryan and I to get back on our feet and to get some of our bills paid down. I'm hoping that we can live in this house for awhile. I'd like to get our bills low enough that we could buy our own house, too. I'm glad that Bryan and I both have college degrees and each put ourselves through school, but it's expensive and has given us quite a mountain to climb! Oh, well! It's a good thing...at least that's what I keep telling myself!

With all this timeoff I've had since getting laid off, I've had some time to think. I've realized more about myself than I thought I would and have come up with a new plan for myself for the future. Bryan and I had wanted to start having kids by now, but due to a couple of hiccups, we've decided to hold off on that. I think we'll wait a year or so before trying for a baby. With our fresh start in Lawrence, we're both wanting to get back into eating healthy and losing weight. We both want to get back into good shape. And like I said above, this is going to be a great time for getting our finances back on track! Mainly what I've discovered is that I'm not really a corporate lifer. While being in the corporate arena is a good learning experience and a way to meet some great people, it's just not who I am. I've discovered that I'm more artistic than I realized. All of you that know me, know that I love to plan and design events. I've also realized that I love sketching (wedding dresses), and I'm drawn to floral and cake design. I want to paint. The biggest of my new dreams is to write books! I've got at least half of my first book already written in my head, I just need to translate it to paper. Now I just need to figure out how to turn this into reality. I've always wanted to own my own event planning and design company. So I think in order for that to be really successful, I need to get into some training classes. I'm not thinking of opening up my company right away, Bryan and I need to get on our feet first, but hopefully in the next few years I'll be my own boss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment